Review: Bloodfever by Karen Marie Morning

Wednesday, 14 May 2014 04:19
Title: Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Publication Date: October 16th, 2007
Genres: Urban Fantasy, Adult
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . . In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous. For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.

 Oh god, I think you'd get tired me of repeatedly saying that this series is fecking addictive.

So many new developments and changes and so many secrets revealed which sadly led to more secrets and I'm curious, curious, terribly curious. If Darkfever was irresistible and addictive and compelling, I don't know what to call Bloodfever. It's even more. Moning was very right to name this series as the Fever series. Once you have it, I guess you have it till the very end. 

Let's get down to the characters, shall we? Because getting down to the story might not be such a great idea for folks who haven't read this book yet.


Adorable, right? 

Mac, Mac, Mac you always surprise and shock me. From the cute rainbow girl you changed to such a fierce warrior. This sort of character development is very interesting to read about. I would have never pegged Mac to be a total kickass heroine initially. 

I really like Mac. Yes, she's irritating at times but she's also very realistic. I can understand what she's going through and how hard it always is for her to accept the strange happenings in Dublin. But if I were in her place, I would probably be super excited. And scared, of course. Also, I would frequently punch Barrons for all the secrets he's keeping and also for being a dick.

This is how fierce and brave Mac is.


While Mac grew, changed, discovered and accepted a lot of things Barrons is the same as ever. Maybe he's a little nicer and respectful to Mac. Even now I cannot say much about Barrons. He's still an enigma. I can only tell you that if you were Mac, he'd save your life without hesitation and protect you but nothing more. 

My thoughts about Barrons generally proceed like this:

When Barrons makes an appearance
"Oooh, it's Barrons!
Yay! He's here.
He's so hot and he's here!
Where has he been all this while?
Pooping?"


When Barrons is being a dick (which is almost all the time)
Barrons, you're being a dick!
Stop being like this!
I don't like you anymore!
I want to punch you, Barrons!
And then, I will run for my life."


When Barrons is being nice to Mac
Aww, Barrons!
Me likey!
You is nice fellow!
Why you no be like this all the time?"


Yeah, that's how I am with Barrons. I like him and like him not.

V'lane, the Seelie prince is also a bit of an enigma. I don't really like him. There's Dani, a new character and I can't wait to know more about her. Then, there are the things I can't tell you because I don't want to spoil you. That's about it, I guess.


Hershey