Book Review: Edward Scissorhands Vol.1: Parts Unknown by Kate Leth

Saturday, 7 March 2015 21:07
Title: Edward Scissorhands,Vol.1: Parts Unknown (Edward Scissorhands, #1)
Author: Kate Leth
Publication Date: May 19th, 2015
Genres: Graphic Novel, Young Adult
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars














Review: 

THE ARTWORK!



I love, love, love such kind of artworks.

The artwork isn't stunning or beautiful. It's just so... how do I even describe this kind of artwork? It's cartoon-ish and reminds me a lot of my childhood.I grew up watching a lot of cartoons and I guess these kind of illustrations just reminded me how fun those shows were and how I still wish they didn't get cancelled! To best describe it, the artwork was really very sweet.

The story too was really sweet. It was also cliched but I didn't really mind it because I wanted to just keep ogling at the artwork and not be bothered much with the story. However, the story wasn't monotonous. It was fun yet a bit too predictable. I kind of knew how the story would progress as soon as I started the book.

There isn't much really to say about the story. The story takes place way off in the future after the events that took place in the movie. Megan is Kim's granddaughter and she is trying to understand about her grand mom's fondness for Edward Scissorhands. Edward, on the other hand, confined in a solitary mansion, finds a broken robot and awakens him. I think if you've read a lot of stories that goes this way, you might be able to tell what will happen next. The robot runs away and scares everyone in the neighborhood, Megan befriends Edward and they save the day!

As cliche as it sounds, it was still a very enjoyable and a sweet read and I think I might get a physical copy of this book when it's out! Just for the artwork!




Hershey



1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie, so I can't wait for this to come out!! It looks amazing :D

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete